According to Teen Health:
“Sometimes anger is a sign that more is going on. People who have frequent trouble with anger, who get in fights or arguments, who get punished, or who have life situations that give them reason to often be angry may need special help to get their problem with anger under control.”
Consider seeking treatment if –
- * Your child has lasting feelings of anger over things that have either happened to them in the past or are going on now.
- * Your child feels irritable, grumpy, or in a bad mood more often than not.
- * Your child feels consistent anger or rage at themselves.
- * Your child feels anger that lasts for days or makes them want to hurt themself or someone else.
- * Your child often gets into fights or arguments.